What technology do we use?
We utilise a Blue Light GOM 3D optical scanning system (BLS) to deliver a number of specialised services for our clients. We take the data captured from our Blue Light GOM system and use it within Siemens NX CAD software. This allows our team to design, simulate and manufacture products faster by enabling design decisions to be made in an integrated product development environment.
Large key manufacturers, such as Rolls-Royce, use this technology as a quality control measure during the manufacturing process, and is the system of choice by major OEM’s. Therefore, we want to meet this level of standard by using the widely recognised system.
The PES Scanning team support clients using the blue light scanning system for accurate digitised data capture and this data can be used for multiple solutions. The data captured has an ‘uncontrolled environment’ accuracy of < 0.05mm/m3 however, in controlled environments this can be improved.
What are the benefits of using this technology?
- Accuracy and repeatability of results.
- Mobility of the system- it can be transported nationally and internationally, alternatively parts can be delivered and scanned at our offices.
- A safe and proven system to use within clients’ business.
- Fast and efficient data capture.
- We can use this technology is a wide variety of sectors, to find out more about the sectors we have worked in, click here.
How can we use this technology?
- Fast, efficient and flexible product development.
- Advanced solutions for conceptual design, 3D modelling and documentation.
- Multi-discipline simulation for structural, motion, thermal, flow and multi-physics applications.
- Complete part manufacturing solutions for tooling, machining and quality inspection.
For a full glossary of terms relating to the technology we use within the 3D scanning process, click here.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please call us for a chat at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or email with your enquiry.