What can we offer?
The team has over 45 years’ experience working in high performance design, including motorsport and are able to meet and exceed your requirements within automotive projects.
Due to our experience and understanding of engineering design, materials performance, tooling, modelling, prototyping and product development, we can manage and deliver your project from concept through to manufacture.
- We have delivered projects with classic cars using our reverse engineering and optimisation skills to enhance the performance of vehicles or parts.
- Our 3D scanning of surface data of a BTCC racing car and subsequent CAD files, helped our clients to design upgraded body parts and optimise future aerodynamic performance.
- We worked with our contacts at GT Forte Ltd to 3D optically scan a Maserati sports car. The project converted a Maserati 4200 car into a replica of the Maserati’s 320S monoposto concept car.
- We have used our 3D scanning data to reverse engineer and lightweight components for high-performance sports cars.
- We have designed and managed the manufacture of tooling, and worked on a R&D project to develop a revolutionary Run Flat tyre system for our client.
Benefits of 3D optical scanning for automotive
- 3D scanning can assist in verifying the accuracy of vehicle components, such as bodywork or cast and 3D printed products.
- Scanning a base vehicle to provide CAD data ahead of it being customised, ie; for specialist lorry-based vehicles, motor homes or aftermarket body kits.
- Using scan data for product evaluation and interior design.
- Providing an accurate measurement of deformation following crash tests or vehicle accidents.