Mike Maddock – Managing Director
Mike is the Managing Director and co-owner of PES Performance Ltd and has experience in multiple business environments. His previous experience includes eleven years in multisite retailing, where as a Regional Operations Director, Mike operated 175 businesses with an annual turnover of £153 million and a team of circa 3000 + within his region.
Mike is a Visiting Professor with the Faculty of Engineering at the University of Sheffield and is a member of the Sheffield region Science & Innovation Board. He is Chair of Make UK’s Yorkshire and Humber Regional Membership board and a member of the Make UK National Membership Board.
He was also an Export Champion (2019-22) for the Department of International Trade (DIT) and represented the DIT on numerous international trade missions, discussing and presenting on the subject of UK Innovation.
Mike intimately understands performance markets, having competed for GBR in the sport of Skeleton bobsleigh for seven years. He also understands people, pressure environments and detailed operational planning from his thirteen years as a clearance diver and bomb disposal operative in the Royal Navy.
- Member of the Science and Innovation Board, Sheffield City Region.
- Visiting Professor with the Faculty of Engineering at The University of Sheffield.
- Member of the Make UK national membership board.
- Chair of Make UK regional membership board – Yorkshire & the Humber
- Member of Make UK Net Zero sustainability working group
- Export Champion for the Department of International Trade (DIT); 2019-2022.