GOM ATOS 3D Scanner
What can we offer?
We utilise a Blue Light GOM ATOS 3D scanner system (BLS) to deliver a number of specialised services for our clients. The PES Scanning team support clients using this system due to its accuracy, speed, flexibility and its non-contact nature.
The system can be used at any location around the world. Change of location does not affect the accuracy of the results as the blue light scanning technology has a low sensitivity to lighting conditions within the environment. So, in an ‘uncontrolled environment’ i.e. with varying levels of temperature and light, we can deliver an accuracy dependent on the volume of the item. For example, a 70mm measurement volume can produce a 29-micron (0.029mm) point spacing/resolution. However, in a more controlled environment, these results can be improved further.
What are the benefits of using this GOM ATOS 3D scanner technology?
- Accuracy and repeatability of results.
- Mobility of the system – it can be transported nationally and internationally, alternatively parts can be delivered and scanned at our offices.
- A safe and proven system to use within clients’ business.
- Fast and efficient data capture.
- This technology can be used within a wide variety of sectors. Find out more about some of the projects we have worked on.
- Multiple measurement volumes allow the system to adapt to the size of the object being measured.
- Combination of 3D Scanning and Photogrammetry systems allows capture of high resolution and fidelity data over large areas.
- Calibration results and measurement temperatures are stored with scan data.
Accuracy of the technology
We can achieve a resolution of 29 microns (0.029mm), using a 70mm measurement volume, and 481 microns (0.481mm), using a 1200mm measurement volume.