Enhance your processes with 3D scanning Quality Inspection
How can scanning improve your quality inspection processes?
- 3D Optical scanning and CT scanning are fast, effective ways to undertake quality inspection by comparing your physical part or object against its ‘as designed’ digital model, or a quality assured control piece.
- Our engineering design team can provide significant and quantifiable results and improve your manufacturing process as part of a design for manufacture (DFM) review.
- It can identify ‘tolerance creep’ and act as a quality control audit process.
- It will allow you to quickly identify any variances, that are outside of the defined acceptable tolerance or other manufacturing defects.
- Quality inspection can not only be used to inspect the physical part, but also to measure the tolerance of the tooling, for example in the forging process, or to review critical jigs and fixtures.
- This controlled inspection process is critical in industries such as aerospace were the design through to manufacturing must be transparent and controlled process.
For a full glossary of terms relating to inspection and 3D scanning, click here.