What can we offer?
- Qualified and experienced design engineers, with a combined experience across multiple sectors of over 45 years.
- When comparing the measured data with CAD data (IGES, VDA, STEP, Catia, ProE, UG …), the corresponding measuring reports are created in the familiar formats:
- False-colour representation
- Deviation of individual points as labels
- Sections, angles and distances
- Diameters and flatness
- Tables and lists
What is Photogrammetry?
Photogrammetry is a technique of taking measurements from photographs. The output of our photogrammetry services is a 3D model of a real-world object. A camera is positioned close to the subject and is typically hand-held or on a tripod. The outputs are 3D models, measurements and point clouds. Everyday cameras are used to model and measure engineering structures.
Another use of photogrammetry is in the creation of maps. Many modern maps are created with photogrammetry, with photographs taken from aircraft.
What can photogrammetry be used for?
- Inspection of sheet metal parts and car bodies, e.g. in pilot production, process optimising, tool try-outs, start of series production or during random samples
- Quality control of large objects, e.g. aircraft, ships, wind turbines, etc.
- Verification of plastic parts, e.g. for first article inspection
- Verification and recording of jigs and fixtures
- Measuring of models and prototypes, e.g. vehicle interior and exterior design
- Verification of tubes and wires with respect to their three-dimensional shape
- Measuring trimming edges of two-dimensional sheet metal blanks
- Deformation analysis of car and climatic chamber tests
- Measuring of reference point fields