3D Scanning Reverse Engineering Services
What can we offer?
- We provide more than just a scanning solution.
- We specialise in 3D scanning reverse engineering services and design optimisation, giving our clients ‘one-stop’ solutions.
- Qualified and experienced engineers, with a combined experience across multiple sectors of over 45 years.
- A full set of 2D, 3D and manufacturing drawings for an original piece of equipment.
- If your piece of equipment or product was designed pre-digitisation. We will capture the data and reproduce it in a digital model in CAD. One of the applications for this process can be part of a Planned Preventative Maintenance programme.
What equipment do we use?
Our engineering team use Siemens NX software, which provides integrated product design, engineering and manufacturing solutions to help you. As a result, we can design, simulate and manufacture products faster by enabling design decisions to be made in an integrated product development environment. See more information about the use and benefits of Siemens NX CAD software.
What is Reverse Engineering?
Reverse engineering is the process of collecting data from a piece of equipment, object or system through analysis of its structure, function and operation. It often involves analysing the workings of an object in detail.
Key reasons why you should use reverse engineering
- Reverse Engineering is one of the most common applications for utilising scan data output from 3D scanning or CT scanning.
- We can deliver 2D and 3D manufacturing drawings of spare parts or re-commissioning a piece of equipment.
- From capturing data of a piece of equipment, for example, we can optimise its performance structurally, in manufacturing or in optimising the time a part takes to fit into larger pieces of equipment.
- Reverse engineering can be done when documentation of a piece of equipment, production, operation or maintenance have shortcomings and original designs are not available.
- 3D scanning compliments any restoration project through data collection archiving and the accurate restoration of a classic or heritage piece.
- You can learn about a competitor’s latest research by capturing as much data as possible to understand its capabilities. This can help to develop a similar product.
- Modern manufacturing methods such as additive manufacturing rely on reverse engineering.
- It is time-efficient as a 3D model can be quickly captured in digital form and remodelled if necessary.
We have a full glossary of terms relating to photogrammetry and 3D scanning.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please
call us for a chat at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or contact us.