Enhance your Quality Inspection processes with 3D scanning
How can scanning improve your quality inspection processes?
- 3D scanning and CT scanning are fast, effective ways to undertake quality inspection by comparing your physical part or object against its ‘as designed’ digital model, or a quality assured control piece.
- Our engineering design team can provide significant and quantifiable results and improve your manufacturing process as part of a design for manufacture (DFM) review.
- It can identify ‘tolerance creep’ and act as a quality control audit process.
- It will allow you to quickly identify any variances, outside of the defined acceptable tolerance or other manufacturing defects.
- Quality inspection can not only be used to inspect the physical part, but also to measure the tolerance of the tooling, for example in the forging process, or to review critical jigs and fixtures.
- This controlled inspection process is critical in industries such as aerospace where the design through to manufacturing must be a transparent and controlled process.
What can we offer?
- We can generate several inspection reports to be part of your quality control system, as a documented aid to manage and control any potential quality issues.
- We can deliver quality inspection reports that meet the requirements of your business or your clients.
- The most popular reports are colour deviation reports and cross section analysis reports. But, we also offer tailored reports and geometric dimensioning and tolerance reports. Find out more about inspection reports.
- The inspection reports generated will also depend on the technology you decide to use; whether that be 3D scanning or CT Scanning.
- With regards manufacturing, we can assist in the production of First Article Inspection, Initial Sampling Inspection & Production Part Approval reports.
We have a full glossary of terms relating to quality inspection and 3D scanning.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please
call us for a chat at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or contact us.