LIDAR Laser Scanner
Fast, accurate measurements of complex objects and buildings
What can we offer?
LiDAR scanning is a widely used method of data collection and analysis in sectors such as architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC). It is used to capture buildings and sites as they exist in the real world, by measuring distances, elevations, and angles quickly and accurately. This data is then used to create detailed 3D models of structures and environments.
LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) uses lasers to measure distances, and this data is then applied to construct a 3D point cloud, which in turn is used to create a highly accurate digital model of the scanned space, complete with its geometry and elevation.
The use of LiDAR scanning in AEC offers multiple benefits.
LiDAR scanning is much faster than traditional surveying methods and can capture a large area within a short amount of time. This speed also helps reduce the cost of surveying and modelling large areas.
The accuracy of LiDAR scanners is much higher than that of traditional surveying methods. This accuracy makes it ideal for surveying and modelling complex structures, such as bridges and buildings.
What are the benefits of using this Faro Focus 3D scanner technology?
Our Faro Focus Laser Scanner creates accurate, complete and photorealistic 3D images of any environment or object in a relatively short time. With its compact design, the Faro Focus 3D scanner is easy to transport and operate — with built-in protection from dirt, dust, fog, rain and heat/cold.
- Accuracy and repeatability of results.
- Mobility of the system – it can be transported nationally and internationally.
- A safe and proven system to use within clients’ business.
- Fast and efficient data capture.
- This technology can be used within a wide variety of sectors.
- Multiple measurement options allow the system to adapt to the size of the object being measured and the accuracy levels required.
- Calibration results and measurement temperatures are stored with scan data.
We have a full glossary of terms relating to our technology and 3D scanning.
If you would like to discuss your project and how our solutions can help you, then please
call us for a chat at +44 (0) 114 321 6375 or contact us.